Experiment in Wood

I love the look of objects that are printed in ‘wood’ filaments. At least when I can get them to print.

The main issue I’ve had is the nozzle clogs up. But  today I got a roll of Fillamentum Timberfill Cinnamon filament. And with some tweaking I got it to print. Hooray!

My first attempt with this filament was a failure. The piece was very hairy and clogged the nozzle. But it was user error. I had the temperature set to 205 °C. When I changed it to 180 it printed beautifully.

The specs for this filament are actually 170 to 185 °C.

In the past I’ve used Colorfabb Woodfill with mixed results. That may be due to using a .4 nozzle on our Ultimaker 2 printer. Recently we’ve upgrade the Ultimaker 2 to a 2+ and it’s very easy to change the nozzle size. I’m pretty sure I will see better results with the .6 nozzle for the Colorfabb filament. But that test is for another day.

Design Software: Custom
Slicing Software: Simplify3d
Printer: Ultimaker 2+
Filament: Fillamentum Timberfill Cinnamon
Layer: .2mm.
Nozzle: .6mm
Temp: 180°C